- Any Craps - A one roll bet that the next roll of the dice will be a 2, 3 or 12.
- Any Seven - A one roll bet that the next roll of the dice will be a seven. AKA Big Red
- Back Line - Another term for Don’t Pass Line.
- Bar the 12 - Makes the 12 a standoff for the wrong bettors, which allows the casino to keep its advantage on Don’t Pass and Don’t Come bets.
- Betting right - Betting that the dice will win on Pass Line and Come bets.
- Betting wrong - Betting that the dice will not win, or pass, by placing Don’t Pass and don’t Come bets.
- Boxman - The casino supervisor who is in charge of the craps table. The boxman sits between the two dealers.
- Buy the 4 and 10 - Paying a five percent commission to the casino so that the 4 and 10 payoff at 2-1 on place bets.
- Change Color - Changing casino chips into smaller or larger denomination.
- Chips (Checks) - A casino term for tokens used instead for money.
- Come Bet - A wager placed after the come-out roll that the dice will pass.
- Come Box - The area on the craps layout where Come bets are placed.
- Come-Out Roll - The roll which establishes the point for the pass and Don’t Pass Line bettors.
- Craps - A term for the numbers 2, 3 and 12.
- Crap Out - Rolling a 2, 3 or 12 on the come-out roll.
- Crew - The dealers who staff the craps table.
- Disk (Puck) - A round object white on one side and black on the other. When on the white side and in a place number box signifies that a come-out roll has occurred and that a point has been established.
- Don’t Come Bet - A wager against the dice placed after the come-out roll.
- Don’t Pass Bet - A wager placed prior to the come-out roll that a seven will be rolled before a point is repeated.
- Don’t Pass Line - The area on the layout where Don’t Pass bets are placed.
- Double Odds Bet - A free odds bet made at double the original Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come or Don’t Come wager.
- Easy Way - The roll of a 4, 6, 8 or 10 where the dice are not pairs.
- Edge - The advantage that the casino has on any given wager.
- Even-Money - A payoff of 1-1.
- Field Bet - A one-roll wager that the next number thrown will be a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- Floorman - A casino executive who supervises one or more tables.
- Free-Odds-Bet - A bet made in addition to the Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, come and Don’t Come wagers which is paid at true odds.
- Front Line - A casino term for Pass Line.
- Hardway Bet - A wager that the 4, 6, 8 or 10 will be rolled as a pair before being rolled easy or a seven is thrown.
- Horn Bet - A one-roll wager that combines the 2, 3, 11 and 12
- Lay the Odds – Odds bet against the number that pays off at less than even money.
- Lay Wager - Betting against a point number that has been thrown by paying a 5 percent commission.
- Layout - The imprinted surface of a craps table, which shows all the areas where bets can be placed.
- Nickels - A term used by experienced players meaning chips with a five dollar denomination.
- Off - A term meaning that certain bets will not be at risk on the next roll of the dice.
- On Base - The term for the dealers other than the stickman.
- One-Roll Bets - Wagers whose outcome is determined by the very next roll of the dice.
- Pass - A winning situation for the right bettors.
- Pass-Line Bet - A wager that the dice will pass, or win, made prior to the come-out roll.
- Payoff - The paying out of a winning bet to a player.
- Pit Boss - A casino employee who is in charge of all the tables in a particular area.
- Place Numbers and Bets - The place numbers are 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10. The place bet is a wager that either one or more of the place numbers will come up before a seven.
- Point Number (Point) - The numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 established on the come-out roll.
- Press a Bet (Press) - Increasing a bet by double.
- Proposition Bet - Bets that are made in the center of the layout.
- Quarters - A term used by experienced players meaning chips with a twenty-five dollar denomination.
- Rails - The grooved area of the craps table where players keep their chips that are not in play.
- Right Bettor - A player betting that the dice will pass, or win.
- Seven-Out - The rolling of a seven after the point has been established.
- Shooter - The person who is rolling the dice.
- Stickman - The dealer who calls the game and handles the stick.
- Tip (Toke) - A gratuity given to a dealer by a player.
- Working - A casino term meaning that the bets are at risk on the next roll of the dice.
- Wrong Bettor - A player who bets against the dice.
Site created and designed by
Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
Email me Diceteach@Gmail.com
Last update 12/27/2022
Last update 12/27/2022
Visit my other website...